Frequently Asked Questions

These are frequently asked questions – with answers – related to your water/sewer utility billing account. If your question is not answered here, please contact our Billing Department at (253) 630-9900 option 3.

How often do you bill?

Every two months, for both residential and non-residential customers.

Is my water meter read every billing period or is water use estimated?

We do not estimate meter readings. All residential and most non-residential meters are radio-read meters allowing us to get accurate readings every billing period.

What is the $16.00 charge on my first bill?

Your first bill will include a one-time charge of $16.00. This is an administrative fee for change in ownership on an existing service location.

Will you accept payment arrangements for my water/sewer bill?

No. All customers are given ample time to pay their bills and are expected to keep their accounts current. We understand that occasionally a customer may run into financial problems. If this happens to you please call our Billing department to speak to a customer service representative. We have provided a list of agencies that may be able to help here.

Do you accept payments by credit card, debit card, or electronic check?

Yes.  Invoice Cloud, a third party vendor, provides our customers with an automated payment service that accepts Discover, Mastercard, Visa, and electronic checks.  Access your account online to make a one time payment or to set up an account that will allow you to schedule future payments, see your water/sewer account history, and to receive your bills electronically.

Can I have my water/sewer bill paid through an automatic deduction from my bank account?

Yes, with Soos Autopay.  Complete our Autopay form and return it to us with a voided check or a deposit slip from your savings account.  It usually takes three to four weeks to set your account for the initial withdrawal.

Do you offer E-billing?

Yes, it is easy to receive your water/sewer bill electronically.  Access your account online and follow the instructions to start receiving your bills electronically.  Save a tree!

I have a water leak, can you help?

You are responsible for repairing any water leaks on your side of the water meter.   You may need to call a plumber to help with repairs.   If the leak is in the line between the meter and the house, you may be eligible for a one-time adjustment to your water bill.  If the leak is inside your home then you are responsible for the entire water bill.

Who oversees Soos Creek? Are you regulated by the Washington State Utilities and Transportation Commission?

Soos Creek does not fall under the authority of the state Utilities and Transportation Commission.  We are governed by a Board of Commissioners comprised of five publicly elected citizens living within our service area. The Board's authority resides in State law RCW 57.08.005